Monday, August 5, 2013

"Dark Days"

This film shows us what life is like for a group of people who live literally underground, in an Amtrak tunnel. We see the human desire to survive and have a home (pets too!) even in crazy circumstances.

I really like how they hung out with each other, and I really enjoyed hearing the way they talk and express themselves. They may be homeless (in a way), but they don't seem lonely.

In fact one fellow said that they were a bit like a big family. As someone who often feels alone and isolated in NYC, I'm actually envious of this part of their otherwise very difficult lives.

I'm earning less and less money recently and have to find more work soon, so it was a little scary to see where I could end up if I don't keep working.

The soundtrack is great too- familiar music from DJ Shadow.

No comments:

Post a Comment